Monday, October 24, 2011

life goes on, it get's so heavy.

Last week was fall break for college, so I got to go home and see my family and friends.  It was so interesting because things that I used to be so accustomed to left me annoyed and unable to handle it.  For example, answering my dad's same questions over and over used to be routine and I wouldn't think anything of it.  When I was home last week, though, I found myself getting so frustrated and I couldn't find a way to patiently respond each time.  This left me mad at myself and more stressed than I needed to be.  These little instances taught me just how flexible I need to be throughout life.  Situations, people, places, etc. are inevitably going to change; it's our job to take it with ease and learn and grow from it.  I am learning a new level of patience and maturity with my dad after going to college, making me stronger and able to fully appreciate the rest of my family who have to continue to go through it each day.  These positive lessons are present for everyone; without them, we would never get to know ourselves and we would never grow to be the people we are meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment