Thursday, July 1, 2010

postsecret.

The website, PostSecret (http://www.postsecret.com/) is amazing. It shows that nobody is alone in this world and that everyone is worth being loved and cared for. There are some books out, and I cannot wait to go buy them. The whole idea of PostSecret truly inspires me to never judge someone. You really never know what people are going through or what they are feeling on the inside. You also never know how much you can change someone's life or at least make it better. Be aware of that and go out of your way to do good deeds for people, or at least just show them you care about them.

On the PostSecret facebook page, there are discussion boards. A couple of the discussion topics have people putting their numbers in there for people to text them their secrets. A lot of the people also put, along with their numbers, that they are willing to give advice or help them through it if they need to. Last night, I decided to put my number in there. I got a text at about midnight telling me a secret and when I woke up this morning, I gave the best advice that I could. The (anonymous) person responded that I made him/her feel a lot better and that my enthusiasm for life spoke louder to him/her than my actual words. He/she said I showed them that there really is something out there to be happy about.

When I put my number down, I was excited for people to text me. I thought I'd feel good and give them advice and it'd be really easy. When I got the text, though, it almost scared me. I felt a little overwhelmed and uneasy. The satisfaction of actually making the person feel better, though, was totally worth it. I hope that more people text me their secrets because in return for hopefully making them feel better, they are challenging me to look deeper into myself and step out of my comfort zone.

“When we truly realize that we are all alone is when we need others the most”

No comments:

Post a Comment