Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"the unexamined life is not worth living."

I think it's important to constantly seek opportunities to improve yourself. Today, I decided to make a list of self-improvements that will make my quality of living better and raise my level of happiness. Life is all about challenging yourself and learning lessons, even if the lessons are sometimes hard to listen to and experience. Self-reflection can sometimes be difficult, especially when overcoming faults and obstacles can seem daunting and impossible. Try to write down 5-10 things that you ultimately want to achieve. This won't cause pressure, but instead motivate you to start thinking positively towards your goal. Of course, everyone is going to have bad days and take steps in the wrong direction, but the important thing is to have the intention to help yourself be the best you can be! Here are some of the ones I thought of for myself:


- stop overthinking --> learn to fully be myself without hesitation
- don't be afraid to tell someone something that may be hard to hear
- maintain old friendships and challenge myself to constantly make new ones
- find 5-10 minutes a day for meditation/self-reflection/prayer
- don't beat myself up when i'm not happy --> accept/own my emotions
- get out of my comfort zone as much as possible

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."


No comments:

Post a Comment