Wednesday, January 25, 2012

sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.















I just finished Marilyn Monroe's autobiography and absolutely loved it. I gained so much insight into her life and her inner thoughts, which never failed to fascinate me. I admire her view of beauty and how she wasn't concerned with the size of her clothes, but with her inner beauty and her fight to overcome the constant obstacles that were thrown her way. Commence the youtube marathon of her interviews...

My favorite lines:

"I daydreamed chiefly about beauty. I dreamed of myself becoming so beautiful that people would turn to look at me when I passed."

"I didn't mind being thought dumb. I knew I wasn't."

"A strong man doesn't have to be dominate towards a woman. He doesn't match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world."

"Most men judge your importance in their lives by how much you can hurt them, not by how happy you can make them."

"The real lover is the man who can thrill you by just touching your hand or smiling into your eyes- or by just staring into space."

"I've thought about women. Their jealousy had little do with me. It comes out of their realizing their own shortcomings. Men have told me a lot about women- how lame their love-making often is, how they mistake hysteria for passion and nagging for devotion. Looking at me, women think I'm different than they are in such matters, and this makes them angry."


2 comments: