Friday, February 3, 2012

"everything will be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end."


"Patience child, patience. Remember, life is a journey. If you got everything you wanted all at once there’d be no point to living. Enjoy the ride, and in the end you’ll see these ‘setbacks’ as giant leaps forward, only you couldn’t see the bigger picture in the moment. Remain calm, call is within reach; all you have to do is show up every day, stay true to your path and you will surely find the treasure you seek."

I love this quote for many reasons, but especially because I am personally HORRIBLE with patience. I hate the unknown and I hate waiting for things to fall into place. Struggling with it causes me to overthink everything and constantly talk about my inner grievances, which to a point probably makes it worse and annoys everyone around me. Feeling helpless comes hand and hand with these obstacles. That, to me, is one of the worst feelings one can get. I'm currently in a situation where I can do nothing to alleviate it, except accept it and move on, which is extremely difficult and easier said than done. The only advice people can give me is that it will get better and to look at the bright side, which I do, but I just wish that there was something structured and concrete that I could do. However, I know that time heals all and I am strong enough to get through anything as I have overcome things much worse than this. My impatience and eagerness to fix difficult events only leads to frustration and disappointment. I need to learn to fully immerse myself into optimism and positivity towards the future, because hope is the only thing that will lead me to true happiness and acceptance towards my life. Because, as my friend pointed out during one of my freak outs, "everything will be okay in the end; if it's not okay then it's not the end".

No comments:

Post a Comment