Sunday, February 12, 2012

never wait until tomorrow to chase your dream.

Today, I was reading my journal from the silent retreat I went on last year and I came across some entries that reminded me of some important lessons and values that I too often forget:


I want to leave the world better than I found it. That means strengthening all of my relationships and keeping them going even if we're miles and miles apart. Also, that means spreading my story and inspiring people to live with love. Now is the time to start. Never wait until tomorrow to do something nice for someone or to chase your dream. The future starts now and there is no better time like the present. I know those are very cliche but it's true.

"My lord God, I have no ideas where I'm going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it'll end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone." - Thomas Merton 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment