Tuesday, March 6, 2012

life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.

Choose to be around the right people. – Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and likeminded.  Relationships should help you, not hurt you.  Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be.  Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you – people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it.  Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.  When you free yourself from negative people, you free yourself to be YOU – and being YOU is the only way to truly live. 
marc and angel hack life.

This is an excerpt from one of the most recent Marc and Angel Hack Life blog posts, the title being "10 ways happy people choose happiness". I find this to be one of the most important ones. In my life personally, I find that I rely and trust my friends with a lot, especially if I'm going through a hard time. I expect them to be there for me because I try to always be there for them. Of course, some friends end up deserving different expectations, and that's okay, but overall, I find that I have high expectations for my friends because they are such a fundamental part of my life. Your friends should challenge you to be a better person; they shouldn't hinder you from reaching your highest potential. And if you find that they are not giving as much as you, maybe they aren't worthy of your friendship. Unfortunately, these flaws and disappointments usually come out during low moments, when you need them most. Rise above it and know that you are worthy of the best, and that you undoubtedly have more people caring about you than you realize!  

No comments:

Post a Comment