Friday, December 10, 2010

"love yourself. if you don't, how can you expect anyone to love you?"





A couple years ago, I thought that I needed to be loud, outgoing, and talkative for people to want to talk to me/be my friend. I put pressure on myself to be someone that I really wasn't. I would get angry and disappointed when I'd not talk enough or not initiate enough conversations as I wanted myself to. I now realize that the only thing I need to be is myself, and to be confident about it. I see that people appreciate me for who I am. If someone makes me think that I need to change, then they aren't worth it. It's important to accept yourself for who you are, because if you don't, you'll be at battle with yourself forever. Nobody will see how amazing you are if you don't see it first. Everyone is amazing not for what they do or how they are, but just because they are. Everyone, no matter who, is worth love and respect. To get it, though, they must see it in themselves and give it to themselves first.


2 comments: