Sunday, June 13, 2010

and it's funny how it's the simple things in life that mean the most.


I was driving the other day in a huge hurry and I was thinking about how I hoped that I wouldn't get stuck at a red light. They always make me anxious because I want to get to my destination fast and stopping for a couple minutes is just annoying.



It got me thinking, though, that stop lights are really a gift. They come to me when I am the most rushed, and they make me stop and take a deep breath and just live in the moment. They are a reminder that it is important to not rush through life, because if you do, you may miss out on something special.



Dare yourself to appreciate all the little things in life. When you find yourself rushing through life, stop and take a moment to look around and notice all the beauty that is around you. You don't want to look back on your life and regret that you didn't cherish every moment of it.

















“We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”














“Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.”














Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.”












“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

No comments:

Post a Comment