Sunday, June 27, 2010

stand by me.


“To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.”

“Trust is like a vase.. once it's broken, though you can fix it the vase will never be same again.”



“We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy



I am not the kind of person who has trouble trusting people. When I meet someone, I tend to think of them in the best way possible until they do something to make me feel differently. Unfortunately lately, a lot of people have been giving me reasons not to trust them. Besides family, there are four people in my life that I fully trust. These four amazing friends have always been there for me and have time and time again showed me that they can be trusted and that they will never betray that trust. I am sometimes sad and frustrated with my other friends and wish they would be trustworthy and live up to their full potential. In the big picture, though, I am lucky to have four friends I can fully trust and rely on 100%. Those other friends who do not deserve my trust are the ones missing out. I pray that sometime, hopefully soon, people my age will stop thinking about themselves and learn to accept the way they are and how amazing they can be, because that is when they will start to be truly happy with their lives and happy with themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment