Thursday, June 10, 2010

live like you were dying.




"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken more than once and its harder every time.You'll fight with your best friend and blame a new love for things an old one did and you'll cry because time is passing so fast. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. You just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend mad or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back."








To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson





I am going to try to live my life by these two quotes. They really open my eyes to what is important in my life. The second especially defines how I want to be. I was once talking about what I want to be when I grow up with a couple friends and I never usually know the answer, but this one day, I realized what it was-- I want to do something that will help make a difference in others' lives. I want to leave this world knowing I have made the world a better place. When I die, I want to be known for inspiring people throughout their lives and helping them be better people.
The question of what you want to be remembered for when you die is an important one. My answer isn't necessarily the right one. Ask yourself this question from time to time, and if you have an answer for it, stop yourself once and a while and ask, "Am I living my life the way I want to be remembered for? If I die tomorrow, will the world see my life the way I want it to be seen?"
Life is short. Live every day to the absolute fullest and you will suceed.


No comments:

Post a Comment