Wednesday, June 23, 2010

happy [belated] fathers day.

I know I'm a couple days late, but I want to take the time to honor all dads everywhere, especially my dad. I am so grateful to have in my life, for he has taught me more than he will ever know. He shows me what's important in life and how to handle the ups and downs. He has always been very religious, and he uses his faith as a way to stay strong and just fully put himself in God's hands. I think that is so admirable and brave of him. I remember when I was little and I'd be complaining about something, my dad would always tell me to 'offer it up'. The message of that phrase is that people are going through worse things than you are and you have to just stick it out.


Through everything my dad has gone through, he has never complained or given up. He stays strong and accepts his sickness and disability and learns to live with it. I am sure he gets sad and feels defeated at times, but he never appears that way. I can bet that when he does feel this way, he just prays to God to help him get through it.


Everyone can learn a lesson from my dad. He is my inspiration in life. He may not be the traditional father and we may not have conversations daughters usually have with their father and we may not do the same things, but I wouldn't change anything about the times I spend with my dad. I love you, Dad!






No comments:

Post a Comment